Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And Also,


This summer, I ran my second half marathon in Missoula on July 11th. It was fantastic! It was such an early morning, I was beat by mid-day! Since the 1/2 was so close to home, the girls and I decided to just get up early and drive there instead of staying. The race began at 6am, because of the heat. So we left DL around 4am, that means I got up around 3am. We were in Missoula by 5am and ready to run at 6am. It was a beautiful course, starting along the river and ending up in down-town Missoula, it definitely was top-notch. I beat my last 1/2 time by almost 10 minutes. I ran this one in just a little under 2 hours! I was super pleased with that time.
In case you've ever cared to see what feet look like post 1/2 mara and after running for nearly 2 hours straight....have it at it! They were so sore. Blisters on my toes that were so big, I didn't think they were ever going to go away! :-)


The pictures don't do it justice but...I couldn't resist!

As if finishing the 1/2 marathon wasn't enough, I got a medal too. Everyone did but let me tell you how great it felt to get that medal when I crossed the finish line, made it all worth it! :-)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Did you get weepy? Cause I did. I felt like such a super star. You are awesome...go girl go! Are you going to do another? And Happy B-super-lated-birthday!