Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Have I mentioned.............................

How much I love Summer VACATION! I had a full week off before I started my summer schedule. I do work in the summer but here is the schedule, 2 days/week...4 hours/day! Does it get any better than that? I LOVE it. Sometimes when Tuesday rolls around (I work Tuesdays & Wednesdays)...I think to myself...I don't wanna go to work but then I get there and everything goes smoothly and we have like 8 kids at our program! Then I love it! I really do love my job, where else do you get paid to literally PLAY all day! :-) How lucky am I?

Here is what we have been doing during Summer Vacation:
-wake around 7:30am to walk pigs and do chores
-Emmy has swim lessons at 9:00am
-I run while Emmy is at swim lessons
-Come home from running/swim lessons and muck out! I have been doing some serious re-arranging and mucking out. I have done quite a bit but still have plenty more to do. I wonder how do I get so much CRAP! You have remember that my life for the past 18 months has been school school school. So on the surface my house has stayed clean (especially thanks to Dave's mom- for helping out with the daily cleaning) but there are just some things that need to get done on regular basis like MUCKING out!!! I guess some people call it "spring cleaning"....well I have done it...for well let's just say a year. YIKES. How is that for dirty laundry....all you fellow bloggers that like to "air" dirty laundry!? LOL
-We got our deck re-build and it looks so awesome, thanks to Dave's cousins husband! I will post pictures so you can all see the beauty of a new deck.
-Now I get to stain the new deck...blah! Have I mentioned that the deck is like 650 sqf. (I think, measurements/spacial - isn't really my thing).
-I have been renting movies. I finally watching Twilight....it was really good. As always, the book was better but I enjoyed watching the movie too. It was fun to watch it...finally. (I know, I'm so behind the times, we don't get the theater very often). I also watched Bride Wars....it was super cute and I really liked it too. Totally my kind of chick flick. Dave is out of town all week......so I'm loading up on Chick Flicks!

Here are a few pics of our summer fun.
Dave tearing down the old deck More destructing!Tennyson's Heifer Calf - she's a beauty!The pigsCharlotte (white pig) & Bernie Mac (red pig)

I guess I have NO new pics of the deck....I better get on that but since it is dark now....I'll do that in the morning...so stayed tuned! :-)

I hope you enjoy your summer vacation too. We are taking a few weekend trips here soon and I'm getting pretty excited just to get away, even for the weekend!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Ok, you already know this but you live in the most beautiful place! Look at that scenic deck pic! We're coming to visit.

JRO said...

I'm so jealous that you're on holidays right now... well, I wouldn't exactly call your schedule much of a holiday, you crazy girl. But a change is as good as a rest sometimes, eh? My change comes on Wednesday when I go up for five days of marking diploma exams. Probably doesn't say too much about my current life when I'm looking forward to THAT. I'm excited to see the deck. Love your posts.

Angie said...

I want a pig, I want a cow, I want a farm, I want a new deck....Hope you had fun in Kali this weekend.