Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Long Live Cowboys



This past weekend Dave and I, along with another couple friend went to Vegas. We left very early Thursday morning and got to Vegas around noon! Perfect time to hit Vegas! Nothing happens in Vegas much before evening time. That city never sleeps, it is so true.

Thursday we tooddled around the BIG city. I had my first Hooters restaurant experience, actually, gotta admit the food wasn't that bad. The waitresses were awful but the food.....not too bad!

Then we went out the South Pointe and checked all that out.

Friday we took in Cowboy Christmas at Vegas Convention Center......needless to say it was awesome and we got some great autographs. Went to Flint's Outside the Barrel show. It was a riot! Bill Engvall even showed up. I was star-struck. Need I say more?
Friday night rodeo and then Downtown Vegas.

Saturday we took in Cowboy Marketplace, more Cowboy Celebrities and shopping. I made some sweet purchases on Saturday (I am spoiled)! Saturday night rodeo and then it was the stripe and our last night there!

The weekend went way too fast....I wasn't ready to go home.
Home greeted us with freezing temps oh and that thing called REALITY.

Vegas was great and I hope we can do it again, in about 5 years. Dave and I went about 5 years ago to the NFR and had such a blast I was glad we had the opportunity to go again.

Needless to say, I am completely star-struck by all the Cowboy Celebrities that we got to meet, greet and have autograph pictures for our children! :-)

Here are a few pics from the weekend.
Enjoy! I know I will.













1 comment:

The Stevensons said...

I love Flint! He is soo good. My family has four season tickets for rounds 5-10. Maybe we can head down there sometime together!