Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Feeling the Holiday Spirit


This past week was US Thanksgiving and we were so lucky to have D&R down from Ray-town, it was AWESOME. We had such a great time, we had wonderful turkey dinner and did some shopping on Black Friday! We did find some nice bargains, about the best I found were jammies at Old Navy. I can't wait to wear them, I want to wear them now!!! :-)

I started my Christmas shopping and got a pretty good chunk done. I even wrapped my first gifts tonight. We still don't have our tree but I have decorated the house! We will probably get it this weekend, D didn't want to go out while there were still hunters out....probably pretty good idea!

I love this time of year!
I love the music
I love the lights on houses and when you drive by you can see the lights on trees
I love the spirit that is in the air
I love that everyone is jolly and happy and full of cheer...OK MOST everyone. :-)
I love Christmas scentsy smells (Winterwonderland is my current FAV)
Right now we are watching the lighting of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree.

I love the Christmas Devotional, it is going to be on this weekend. I just love hearing the messages that they have to share.


A few of my fav ME pictures that i found on google images!





Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and good will, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. If we think on these things, there will be born in us a Savior and over us will shine a star sending its gleam of hope to the world.

CALVIN COOLIDGE, Presidential message, Dec. 25, 1927


No comments: