Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fun Times

On Saturday E and I woke up really early and headed to Pburg for a benefit run. One of Dave's college friends little girls was diagnosed with a brain tumor this past year and the community of Pburg held a fundraiser. There was a team roping and a fun run too. We picked up my friend Dana and headed for the hills.....to run, run, run. The run totally kicked our butt! I probably haven't been running as much as I should have and certainly I have not been running as many hills as I should have. It was a tough run....5 miles around a mountain...that is used to pasture cows on. I finished the race in about 46 minutes......I had to walk some of it....but I finished it...that is all that mattered to me. :-)
E and my other friends little girl ran the 1 mile kids race. I was so proud of them.
I love running in these benefit races. It not only gives me something to train toward and look forward too! It reminds me how lucky I am to be so healthy and have such healthy kids! Wow, am I the luckiest girl in the world or what?
I have no pictures of the race but I think I have some of T's first footy football game. What a stud! He has another game on Thursday too. I'm so excited, it is fun to watch him play.
If you have healthy kids - be thankful.

Have a GREAT week.
Have the time of your LIFE.
Candice

1 comment:

LindsayB said...

i have to say i am in love with the new song you have on here playing first. that is saying a lot for me since i am not such a country fan, and the country is guy is better than dave matthews (ryan would be so dissapointed in me for that last statement)