Tuesday, September 29, 2009

State of.........

Emergency
Montana
Play
Mind
......those were a few "State of" that I could think of......got anymore?


I can't believe that it is the end of September and most of the STATE is in a State of Emergency. There are fires from one of the end state to the other! I guess this is when we not only pray for rain but SNOW! I hate to say that and hope the white stuff only stays in the mountains.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the month of September and the above normal temperatures. I don't remember very many days that were below 70's/80's. One of my favorite things about this unseasonably warm weather is getting to wear capri pants to work everyday in the month of September. I love my capri's! I could really get used to this! But I know all to soon it will be over and winter will be here. Sometimes I feel like summer is way too short but it seems like fall completely passes us by! It makes me sad because I love fall. Fall is my birthday season, fall is the changing of colors and the preparation for the long cold winter. Fall is celebrating the harvest and the smell of pumpkin pies, homemade cookies and apple cider. I hate to see fall end ....especially in a State of Emergency.

While I was thinking of "State of".....I came across this poem...I do not know the author. I have heard this poem many times and thought I would share it with you. I think this is one of my favorites. NO matter what "State" you are in, I hope you are the one that thinks you can!

It's All in a State of Mind

Anonymous

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you won't.
If you like to win, but don't think you can,
It's almost a cinch that you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost.
For out in the world you'll find
Success begins with a fellow's will;
It's all in a state of mind.

For many a game is lost
Ere even a play is run,
And many a coward fails
Ere even his work is begun.

Think big and your deeds will grow;
Think small and you'll fall behind;
Think that you can and you will;
It's all in a state of mind.

If you think you're out-classed, you are;
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

Life's battle don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the fellow who thinks he can!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I know, Fall is my fave too and sometimes it's so short!! We're supposed to get snow Monday... I need more time with crunchy leaves. Sounds like you guys really need it though! And yes, I need to see an old pic of Tenny! All I know is he was stinkin' cute (still is)!