Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter and a trip to Canada!

Holy smokes, I haven't blogged forever. It is NOT like nothing has happened, we have been busy with kids, work, sports, and well just living! But I just never could get into blogging!

This past weekend, we had a great trip back to Canada to see the family and spend Easter up there. It was a great time. All of my mom's grandkids were there and we even got professional pictures done of all of them. They are all growing up way too quickly and are so cute and handsome and pretty and stinky and definitely kids! But I love them none the less!

We had so much fun while we were there. The kids had an egg hunt, a pinata, had slurpee after slurpee and just got to play with one another!

D and I even got to go on a double date with my bestest cousin D & her husband R. It was so awesome, adult conversation, a nice restaurant .......pure enjoyment!

I think I ate everything in sight this weekend. My mom is a wonderful cook, make roast beef and ribs for us. My sister H, made homemade pizza, J&J brought heartattack bars and homemade chocolate cupcakes! YUMMMM. Plus all those mini eggs.......how could I resist. My grandma holt and her sisters always make/made hot cross buns. So we went over to cousin J's and had us a few. OM, they were delicious! Thanks COUSIN for sharing!!!

I have a few pics of the nieces and nephews. Aren't they just the cutest.
Love you!

All of the grandkids!

a & q

A & E

The vowels, I, E, A&A

A, Q, I & T

some of our favorite easter traditions have been going on egg hunts, and of course rolling easter eggs at the coulee's. Sadly this year was just way too cold and windy and we didn't brave the elements. NO egg rolling for this crew but the kids had a great time dying easter eggs. I think between Aunt H and Gramma B they dyed almost 100 eggs! Aunt H set-up an egg hunt...HOLY candy! And they got to whack at a pinata too.
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. Since we spent the weekend in Canada, I made us our very own ham dinner last night. It was delicious. I made ham, funeral potatoes, rolls, corn and a green salad. I made creme pies to go along with the easter theme! Yum, yum, yum!
Hope you all had a a GREAT EASTER, I know I did.
Great food
GrEaT company
and a GREAT time

2 comments:

Shelley said...

What you don't make the hot cross buns?? Candice!!! That's pretty much my fave part of Easter - besides chucking eggs down a hill... I can't even believe how grown up R's kids are! Hurt me now. A is gorge! Havn't seen her since she was like 5!! Can't wait to see the pics!

LindsayB said...

i SAW you in raymond out walking with hilary and i didn't even honk a hello, i'm so not a good raymonder! in my defense i didn't have my glasses on and i wasn't sure if it was you or not. and i didn't even know hilary was hilary until like a month ago, (funny story, you should ask her) anyway looks like you had fun even though i didn't do the honk and wave!