Thursday, November 13, 2008

Country Music AWARDS

So let me recap our evening.

Candice - bakes 3 batches of cookies (new recipe-Chocolate-Mint Cookies, Best EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies & Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies).
I have included the recipe for the Chocolate-Mint Cookies - they are DELISH, certain to be a crowd favorite.
Ingredients:
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter softened
3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 tsp. peppermint extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I substituted white chips, looks really pretty w/ white)
Preheat oven to 375F. Cream the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Add the egg and peppermint extract, and beat until combined.
Stir the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a second bowl. Mash any lumps with your fingers. Add this dry stuff to the wet mixture. Mix well.
Add the chips. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly blended.
Put spoonfuls of dough a couple inches apart on the coookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Enjoy!
Anyway back to the recap of the night!
Emmy & I programmed in the CMA awards.
Award show begins at 6pm. I am on batch #2 of cookies.
Emmy & Tennyson - watch CMA Awards.....
As instructed Emmy yells up the stairs a play by play of CMA action.....who exactly was singing and who just won awards. It was priceless.
What was even more priceless, was her hoot and holler when she agreed with the WINNER!
I love that my kids are such Country Music Fans!
What was even more priceless.......they know all the words to the songs too!
I love music and I love listening to my kids sing along with the radio.....TV....whatever!
Priceless moments!

Here are a few pics of our favorite stars.


Notice I saved the "King" of Country for last.....yes GEORGE is my favorite!!! :-)

Click on this link to enjoy a little of George: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aca3s7l_Db0

1 comment:

TinaLaRae said...

I watched the CMA too. I love all music but truely have a soft spot for country. And I'm totally glad you commented on my last post so I could see that you are now a blogger. you are added to my fave list.