Friday, November 21, 2008

Rival Weekend!

It's the weekend that all football fans look forward to....RIVALRY! In the state of Montana it is Cat/Griz weekend. Since Dave and I are both Alumni of MSU, we are crazed CAT fans, and we are raising two crazed Cats Fans. I have made sure that Tennyson has worn an MSU shirt everyday this week......some might call that fanatical but I call it dedicated.
I have never attended a LIVE Cat/Griz game, not when I was a student in Bozeman or not even when I worked at the University. I prefer to enjoy the game, from the comfort of my couch! Plus, the game is always the middle/end of November.....BRRRR! I'm a total fair weather fan, I don't like to bust out the Carhartt's unless I have too!
This rivalry has been going on for 108 years! Yes, I said 108 years. They didn't play during WWII, so there were no games the years 1941-1946. The CATS have been in a slump for the past few years, really since their big championship team isn the 1980's. We have won a few games since then but NOT many. Again, I say, I am a dedicated FAN! Maybe even fanatical.
BUT I feel it, I really do....I think this year could be the year of the CATS. New, young quarterback.....I think he's 3rd String...........great running game, a receiver that is in his senior year. "Lulay...Lulay....Lulay!"
I love college football!
I love a good game!
And I love RIVAL Weekend!
Whereever you are, enjoy the weekend and be thankful for family, friends and football!
Have the time of your LIFE!

Champ (The Bobcat) & Monte (The Griz)....you're going down...MONTE!

My Future Bobcat....Tennyson Miller (Corner Back #88)

No comments: