Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer!

Wow! I didn't realize it has been so long since I blogged. Wow! WE have been very busy. Where to start. I guess I'll just go in order of what remember. The weekend of August 7th we went camping with Dave's boss and his wife. We went to Columbus and camped and rafted on the Stillwater. It was so awesome. I think we got rain everyday but the day we floated the river, it was perfect. Emmy caught a fish with her barbie pole. Tennyson was mad and decided to fish her pole! But he didn't catch anything with her pole either. Dave caught a few fish with his fly-rod. Tennyson even learned how to fly fish too. He's pretty good! :-) While along the river, we did some cliff jumping too. Now that was fun, even Tennyson jumped off the cliff too. I was so proud of his dare-devilish!

Last week was fair and it was a busy one. Tennyson worked very hard, all summer long, with his animals. He got 2 blues for his hogs. He got a purple for his heifer calf, blue for the cow/calf and blue for his cow (Reba). He really did awesome with his showmanship. He got Reserve Grand Champion Jr. Swine Showman AND won GRAND Champion Jr. Beef Showman. Also, he won the round robin too. In the round robin, they have to show all animals....Horse, Beef, Dairy, Swine, Goat & Lamb. He won a trophy for Grand Champ, Rosette for Reserve and money and feed buckets for winning the round robin. We were so proud...I couldn't stop smiling. His hard work really paid off this year.
So all in all, the fair was GREAT and Tennyson finally got some trophies. :-)

It rained and was freezing cold all week last week! But this week has been bright, sunny and warm, Just in time to start school again. ARGH! I love my job but the summer seems to be way too short. I'm NOT ready for routines, bedtimes, homework and just plain old work! I know, I'm so spoiled. :-) Or maybe I'm just dodging reality.

I'm hoping to take the kids on a few little adventures before school starts. Something close by and inexpensive is on my radar!

Enjoy the rest of summer!
Candice

1 comment:

JRO said...

I love reading your posts. Sucks that we're headed back soon, but it really does sound like you've packed in a very full summer. Congrats to Tenny!