Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Adventure

My last day for work (until May) was yesterday. It was kind of strange to clean out my desk, prepare a manual and train someone for my "job". I am so grateful and thankful that my company and Jami are so supportive of me and my goals to complete my teaching degree and complete my last step and student teach. My company is allowing me to take a Leave of Absence (LOA) and return to my job once I am finished student teaching in May. I would like to find a teaching job but I realize that in this area they are very far and few between. I hated, especially in this economy, to quite and job and be left with nothing once I was finished student teaching.
Wow, that seemed like alot of rambling on about my situation.

AnyHOW, I am so excited to student teach. I am going to student teach in a Kindergarten class and the teacher I am going to student teach with is just amazing. She has been a teacher for around 20 years. I am so lucky to be able to student teach with her and I am going to learn so much from her. I start on MOnday. I went in today for about 1/2 hour. I think I will go in tomorrow too for a little bit, so they can get used to me and visa versa.

Since I didn't have to work today, I spent a few hours with a friend and her new little baby. It was such a joy to just hang out, hold baby, cook a little soup, and just visit. What a wonderful way to spend part of your day. NOT to mention, JT is the cutest little baby...EVER!

Tomorrow is T's big 13th birthday. So I will be posting again tomorrow.....so help celebrate T's BIG b-day!
NOT only is it T's birthday tomorrow but my mom's and one of my school friends too. January 14th is a very special day for us.

Till tomorrow.
Live WELL

No comments: