Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life Lessons

Things I have learned about life....lately, that I wanted to share:
~ having drop in company or guests in inevitable so keep your house tidy!
(Forever I have hated drop-in guests but I am beginning to accept that somethings in life can't always be planned out and having improtu guests is actually really quite fun, just like the improtu quick little dinner party you plan with the neighbors or your best friends.....somethings are just better NOT planned).
~ screaming and yelling isn't the best approach.
(I did just this yesterday when I was scared to death and my kids were NOT being very safe or making very smart decisions about safety....know I sound like I have LOST my voice). ARGH!
~ enjoy each day and what it holds
(sometimes I just feel like I just go through the motions and don't really appreciate what each day has to offer, like my kids...and how quickly they are growing up and how in just a few short years, I will be an empty nester).
~ enjoy the little things in life
~ never give up
~ always go for it!
~ stay positive

These are my life lessons for today!
I'm turning over a new leaf, going to try and keep my house in drop-in ready and then it doesn't matter who knocks on the door or calls and says we'll be there in two hours! Bring it on....I'll be ready!


No comments: