Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Little Boy.....


Is growing up! He has his first "real" job! One where he has to keep track of his hours, gets paid by the hour and has to be responsible and reliable! Do you remember your first job? I would say, my first job was babysitting, I loved it. Makin' money to spend on crap! I loved it!

Tennyson is such an awesome kid, sometimes I look at him and think...WOW! That is my kid?! I am biased but I can be, he's mine.....but really who in this day & age has such an awesome kid. :-) The man that he is working for is as equally impressed with him, he told me that Tenny is such a trooper and NEVER complains. That's my kid. Ok, Ok, enough about that.
I'm just so proud of him!

I had another profound moment with Tennyson......he recently got a cell phone (I know, he's so young) but we got rid of our land-line so really we bought a cell phone to have at home but now that Tenny is workin' it is kind of turning into his phone. Anyways, I don't know if you have heard of "sexting" but this has hit home here in Deer Lodge and I am just sick about it. He has texting on his phone, but he doesn't know it....nor do I hope he figures it out. :-) Anyways, I told him that he has NO control over what comes into his phone but that he does have control what he sends out and if he should (God forbid) get a picture that is not appropriate to just delete it, not to forward it on but to erase it as quickly as he opened it. Wow, it is tough being a parent these days! I just feel it is so important to be open and upfront with children these days! I want him to feel like he can be open and upfront with us in return.

Am I old enough to deal with all of these parenting issues? Sometimes, I feel like I'm a kid...but then I look in the mirror and see my kids and realize that I am the adult! Augh!

On another completely different note: It has been so incredibly gorgeous here, I LOVE it! I went for a walk along our (relatively) new walking path along the river....it is so nice. I'm going to have to make that part of my routine. If you have not heard of the 8-week challenge from weightwatchers. You really need to check it out. Walk or run in 8 weeks to compete in a 5k! How cool is that! I'm so excited, I have needed some motivation to get back into a good running routine...here it is.
Check out the weightwatchers.com website to get more details.

I have about 9 days left until I am completely finished with my classes for my Masters Program. I am sooo excited, I cannot wait. I just need to make it through my finals, wish me luck.

Have a GREAT week.
Make it the TIME of your LIFE.
Candice

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Candice,
I thought I'd let you know that you can turn off features on your son's phone. Most major cell phone providers that allow you to practically turn your son's phone to a paperweight. He will figure out how to text. You can help him only text those you trust. Congrats on being close to finishing your Masters. What a remarkable achievement.

Angie said...

Good Luck in your classes and OH my HECK your son is getting all grown up. Make it stop. And the cell phone thingy...FREAKY! UGH is right...I get so over whelmed thinking about raising my kids in this crazy world. You would think on the farm all you have to worry about is the simple birds and the bees, between the animals, but ooooh no. Keep me posted on how to raise good kids, I am going to need HELP!