Monday, October 12, 2009

How lucky Am I?.............and Thankful

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and here I sit at work! At least the school could have celebrated Columbus Day but yet again, I have to work.

If I were boss of the world, which I dream about often, I would declare no working on your Birthday or any holidays! :-)

Speaking of Birthdays, I celebrated my 35th birthday on Friday. I love birthday, I love having birthday's on Friday too....it was a great day. My co-workers spoiled me. Jami had a bouquet of flowers and diet coke waiting for me on my desk, first thing friday morning! How lucky am I?
My friend Dana gave me a bag full of goodies, homemade knitted dishrags, red dishtowels (cuz she knows my love for red), and a red metal water bottle! Again, HOW lucky am I?
My friend Cassi brought me HOMEMADE pumpkin chocolate chip cookies YUM!
Emmy made me a a bracelet and Tenny made me a homemade shelf to put some candles on! I love it, it very rustic looking..I will take pictures of it....again HOW lucky am I?

Here is a picture of my birthday flowers.
HOW lucky am I?
Aren't they beautiful!



Friday was my birthday - I cannot believe that I am 35.....like numbers really don't mean that much to me...I firmly believe it is only how you feel...but come on people.....35! Next year will be another story.....I will be closer to40! I'm OK, with being 35 cuz I'm still really in my 30's and closer to 30...right? I found my drivers license from just after I had Tennyson and I realized I have aged! I do not look 22 anymore.....now that makes me sad. But really I act like I'm 22 right? :-)

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and I would love to be home....hanging out with my family....but here I sit at work! I still like to celebrate Canadian Holidays even though I'm not there. I made a real turkey dinner last night and it was delicious. We had turkey breast, corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing (or dressing as we call it in Canada), gravy, pickles, and pumpkin pie. I even took a picture of my pumpkin pie. Thanks to mom for making the crust while she was here last week...I froze it and it came in really handy! NOBODIES crust even comes close to my moms!

Here is my homemade pumpkin pie....(thanks Mom for the crust). It was delicious!




In honor of Thanksgiving
I am Thankful for
~my family (all of them)
~ health
~ my friends
~my job
~food
~freedom
~Tennyson
~Emmy
~Dave (and his passion to do what is right...always).
I love my family and am so thankful that we are happy and healthy.

It truly feels like thanksgiving (American that is)....it is sooooooooooooooo cold. It was 3 degrees/-16 celcius this morning. That is too dang cold for the beginning/middle of October!
Whereever you are, whatever you do.....enjoy the day and HOW lucky are you?

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We had our dinner last night too - I love Thanksgiving... nothing like some turkey and a little pumpkin pie! And nice hair - I love it!