Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance Day

In Flanders Field


By: Lieutenant Colonel
John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row
that mark our place; and in the sky
The Larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below


We are the dead. short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
In Flanders field

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The Torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
we shall not sleep, though poppies grow
in Flanders fields.

Growing up in Canada, Remembrance Day was always a big deal. It is actually a holiday up there and the kids have NO school. Get a clue MONTANA! I would love a day off today.....what better way to remember those that have served our countries then a now than a day off. On a serious note, I am so thankful to live in a country that allows me the freedoms to travel from country to country, to worship what I want to worship, to wear what I want to wear, drive what I want to drive, buy groceries and believe what I want to believe. I am so thankful for the soldiers that have fought and are fighting right know for our freedom.

God Bless the USA and GOD Love the Queen and Canada!






No comments: