Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So much on my mind.......

I have so much on my mind lately, alot of controversy going on with Dave and the SD#1 school board. I would love to write more on my thoughts and feelings...but realizing this is an open blog, I will reserve my judgement and keep my thoughts to myself! This is a time, when I seriously consider going PRIVATE! But I'm NOT going to...too much of a hassle really. I just want to say this, Dave is amazing and in the midst of controversy he has remained so positive, so professional....far more so than others in the middle of all of this too! He just continues to amaze me. Really and truly he is one of my HERO's. I just love him more and more everyday. I know this has been tough on him and I just keep telling him to fight the big fight and that it is worth it. I just hope that while others are busy talking and he remains quiet, professional and optimistic that will be remembered far more than those that feel compelled to TALK!
Enough of that.

I have had some anger problems for quite sometime......I would just rather say, I'm passionate! :-) But that is one of the reasons that I like to exercise so much. It gives me an outlet for my emotions (because I would rather call it emotion than "anger"). :-)
Well, tonight I had the BEST run. I just ran all over town while the kids were at youth group at church tonight. However, tonight was just not the same ole' run........I was jogging along when all of a sudden I see 3 deer jump right out in front of me! Scared the CRAP out of me!!! You just never think that you are going to literally run right into some DEER! I literally "kind of yelped" when I saw them. I had to laugh at myself.

And really if you can't laugh at yourself, even in the midst of controversy all around you.....what can you laugh AT? :-)

On Monday E had her very first volleyball game. They did so great, it was so fun to watch them. But when isn't it fun to watch your kids participate in activities? here are a few pics that I snapped at the inaugaral event!

E and a friend - pre-game.


E - moving spots


E - getting ready for a bump


E = hittin' the ball



We are heading the GREAT White North tomorrow night and I am sooo excited. It is always fun to head home. Some of my favorite things about going home. Going to the temple, getting slurpees, hanging with the family and seeing old school time friends. Plus with everything going on, it is just NICE to get away! One of the things we are going to do while we are home, one of my cousins wife is a photographer...so I am getting some updated family pictures. I cannot wait, I'm so excited. I hope the weather is bright and sunny! :-)

I posted this quote on facebook and added it to my blog...favorite quote but I have to end this blog with it. It is so true.
Here's to life, living and families!

Life may change us, but we start and end with family. (Dove PROMISES Message)

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hang in there girl! Enjoy your time in Canada. Go E Go! Love those proud mama moments...there is nothing like them!

mindy said...

I'm so jealous your going home. It must be nice to be somewhat close. You have a cute family. Kids are so fun--mostly.