Monday, November 16, 2009

W.F.D....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

You might be asking....WFD? It stands for Whats For Dinner! Tennyson said to me yesterday afternoon, "WFD Mom?" I was like what?! "Mom, is stands for, Whats for dinner?"
Kids are so funny!

I am dedicating this post to being a mom and to the kids we mother!

One of my bestest friends from grade school/high school is 3 months pregnant. This might not seem like that big of news but they have been trying to get pregnant for 5 YEARS! I am so excited for her and her husband! This is a life lesson, in hope! Hope is never wasted. She is so excited and I am so excited for her. Can you imagine waiting and hoping for 5 years....wondering if it will ever come to be! I can't, I'm sure I would have given up long ago! But maybe that is easy for me to say because I have two healthy, happy children.

You've gotta have hope. Without hope life is meaningless. Without hope life is meaning less and less. ~Author Unknown

So here it is for all you mothers - enjoy your children, you are lucky to have them. Some people wait years to get pregnant and I'm sure the 9 month wait is pure agony. I always figured God gave us 9 months to prepare ourselves but maybe that was just me that needed the 9 months to prepare emotionally and physically for motherhood.

I love being a mom and am so excited for my friend to enter the world of motherhood. I think I love motherhood so much, especially right now, because my children are 12 and 8. They don't require diaper changes, they can feed and clothe themselves, they can talk (and back-talk). I have loved all of the stages along the way but if any of you have children that are as old as mine are.....this is just simply a fun age. They are getting to be so independent and I do long for the days when I could cuddle, rock them to sleep and hold them without them wanting to escape my every move but I do still get my hugs and kisses!



Hugs your kids today and be thankful for parenthood and children!

Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you. ~Robert Fulghum

1 comment:

JRO said...

Thanks, Cand. Your attitude and your darling family make me feel like it will all be worth the tough wait. It was so good to talk to you the other day...we need to do that more often!